Hum-Buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum-Buzz

Got a peavey triple X that is pretty damn noisy when you take your hands off the strings, or any grounded part of the guitar...normal right?
    Any ideas on quieting it down?
    The clean channel is obviously not as bad, only the 2 ridiculously high gain channels do it....

Originally posted by drewl View Post
    Got a peavey triple X that is pretty damn noisy when you take your hands off the strings, or any grounded part of the guitar...normal right?
    Any ideas on quieting it down?
    The clean channel is obviously not as bad, only the 2 ridiculously high gain channels do it....
    Well I'd start with the basics,
    Is the hum/buzz coming from inductive pickup in your pickups or poor grounding of the amp? if you turn side to side, does the hum/buzz diminish?

Have you tried switching the line polarity switch? Are you connected to a well grounded outlet & the 3rd ground pin on the ac plug on your amp is intact?

Cheap guitar cords can also add greatly to the buzz/hum in the air. Also, do you have any lights in the house that are running off of dimmers..that can cause all kinds of buzz, too.

I'm certain others will have other ideas, too...but might as well cover the simple things first....glen mars amp repair

Comment

Maybe ?

A few years ago I purchased a custom tele (squier)the same annoyance
      happen.

After examining the electronics under the hood, all appeared normal.

However, when removing the output jack the wire was twisted tightly.
      The connections (soldered) appeared good. After untwisting that jack
      the issue cleared up.

Comment

Working...
      X