Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bassman/bandmaster/showman-recommend a preamp circuit for bass guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassman/bandmaster/showman-recommend a preamp circuit for bass guitar?

Hello I am trying to pick a tone circuit to copy for bass guitar to revoice another fender amp. I was thinking of using the stack/preamp circuit from a bassman 100 or 135, since they are similar to other fender amps. I've heard bandmasters/showmans/concerts are also pretty good bass amps.
    Which circuit and channel of the amp would you recoommend?

Originally posted by darrellcheng View Post
    Hello I am trying to pick a tone circuit to copy for bass guitar to revoice another fender amp. I was thinking of using the stack/preamp circuit from a bassman 100 or 135, since they are similar to other fender amps. I've heard bandmasters/showmans/concerts are also pretty good bass amps.
    Which circuit and channel of the amp would you recoommend?
    A Dual Showman is basically a Twin Reverb in head form. The reason that they make usable bass amps is because the have so much clean overhead and are lear jet loud. You may not like the brightness of the amp though. Then again an SVT or a V4 can be a bright amp too. It depends on how loud you want to play and and what tone you have in mind. It's subjective like everyting else. My guess would be that those Silverface, high powered Bassmans might be more appropriate.
    Last edited by olddawg; 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks olddawg,
      I'm going to use the normal circuit in a twin reverb 135W UL (in a head) for this project and i'll be driving 2x12's or 4x10's closed back cabs. Yea, I'm looking for clean and loud, no break up needed

Comment

Originally posted by darrellcheng View Post
        Thanks olddawg,
        I'm going to use the normal circuit in a twin reverb 135W UL (in a head) for this project and i'll be driving 2x12's or 4x10's closed back cabs. Yea, I'm looking for clean and loud, no break up needed
        Most bassist that I work with that use a 2X12 or 4x10 cab also use a single loaded 15" (or even an 18") speaker in a separate cab with it. The small speakers can be heard on stage. The 15 gives you low end thump in the room.

Comment

Working...
        X