No announcement yet.

Bell 2200C conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for the necro... but I just had one of these fall into my lap today for $5.
    I couldn't pass it up. Still has the original Tung-Sol 5881 shorties, and the rest are good old GE's. All circa 52-53.

I'm HOPING the original poster left email notifications turned on, and still has the same email address....as I'm wondering how this turned out for him!

Seems like a great base chassis for a nice little head. And I'd love a nice clean platform with a rectifier for a change. Mmmmm sag-a-licious!

PS: The 2200B is *not the same* as the C according to what research I've done in just the last half hour (Just digging into this little gem).

Antique Radio Forums ? View topic - Bell Sound 2200-C Schematic needed
    Originally posted by Mr. Detrola
    There are significant differences between the "C" version and the two earlier ones. The plain 2200 and "B" version used a 12SC7 phono preamp in the cathode bias circuit of the 5881's in the output stage. The "C" version uses a 6SC7 fed off the filament winding, and has a different cathode bias circuit. The "C" version also has a potentiometer for Loudness control, with a separate Gain or Level control right next to it on the front panel. This was not used in the earlier ones. There are probably also other differences which I don't see when looking at the unit.
    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Working...
    X