Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrgh! Can't track down problem: Oscillation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to assume this is not normal (not being able to turn off the EF86 channel volume completely). I certainly don't have that problem with a single channel ef86 amp that I built and I used to own a Matchless DC30 and don't recall that being an issue. Granted, it is a small problem. Certainly the smallest problem I am facing with this build at the moment!

Thanks for the post
    Greg

Comment

Great information, Tom. I really appreciate your help and will apply this knowledge ASAP.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
        I have to assume this is not normal (not being able to turn off the EF86 channel volume completely). I certainly don't have that problem with a single channel ef86 amp that I built and I used to own a Matchless DC30 and don't recall that being an issue. Granted, it is a small problem. Certainly the smallest problem I am facing with this build at the moment!

Thanks for the post
        Greg
        This could be a clue to your other problems. If the signal level with the volume pot at "zero" is really excessive then maybe it is leaking though a path around the volume pot. This assumes that the pot is good of course.
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X