peavey standard series 260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey standard series 260

I just recently recapped (completely) my old peavey standard series 260. It was buzzing a lot and I was feeling a little buzzing in my arm while i played it. I have not played on this amp in about 4 years because of that issue.
    Since the cap job, the amp still has a little bit of a buzz to it, though it is better now. Sometimes when I turn it off you can hear a (blip, blip, blip) come through the speaker after the switch has been moved. The amp also gets really noisy when turned all the way up and emits a high-pitched noise and cuts out a bit even with just 1 vibrating string on the guitar. Also, when I turn it on, there is a bit of a crackle for about a second.
    I would like to point out that all caps are new and have been confirmed installed correctly, all resistors passed a simple continuity test while still in circuit with a digital multi meter, the paots are original and are scratchy, have not looked into cleaning them yet.
    Any help that anyone could offer would be very helpful to me.

Check all the plug/socket pins that interconnect the boards. The female side can be re-tentioned to tighten up loose connections.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
    X