2 channel single ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 channel single ended

I am thinking about building a 2 channel single ended amp using a power section like

http://annex.ax84.com/cliffc/amps/AX...0Schematic.pdf

For the preamp section I would like to use something like the bassman normal channel. See attachment. I want each channel to have its own vol/treb/bass controls and can only use 2 preamp tubes.

Will I simply be able to tie two of these channels to the grid of the power tube?

This is for a clean sounding amp so I don't need a lot of gain.

Has anyone done this already or know of an example?

Thanks,

Howard
    Attached Files

Well ...

Come on ya'll. Is this so stupid that you're being polite and refraining from comment? I realize I've oversimplified the question.

Sure, I will have to decouple the stages, and I will probably have to fiddle with the mixing resistor values. So, please don't hesitate to chime in and admonish if this is a totally stupid idea. Will I be able to get enough gain to drive a KT-88. I'm also considering doing a parallel 5881 sort of thing. What do you think? I can take it.

Thanks,

Howard

Comment

Yes, as long as you keep the two 220K mixing resistors in place and use a .0022uF to .022uF coupling cap in front of the grid of the power tube.
      The power tube will need it's own grid load resistor after the coupling cap.
      Bruce

Mission Amps
      Denver, CO. 80022
      www.missionamps.com
      303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks for the sanity check Bruce. Hows the new digs?

Comment

Been a tough move but things are starting to come together.
          I pulled out, resorted and put up in bins about 1200 vacuum tubes today and still have a few large boxes with hundreds left to do.
          I just got another 20 tweed cabinets in and have about 25 of the 18w and 35w Aurora cabinets due in mid December so I still have some house keeping and cleaning to do.

Bruce
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

ever finished?

I would like to see the final schematic of this amp if it was finished. I am thinking of adding a 2nd channel to a vjr.

Comment

Working...
            X