Crate G40C schem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate G40C schem?

Hello all, I'm new here to the forum. I have an older Crate G40C and I'm trying to track down a few bugs in it. Wondered if anyone had a schematic for it. I've got some intermittent audio and intermittent channel switching as well as a few other minor issues I'd like to sort out. I'm also interested in what the tone stack looks like and what values they use for that.

Thanks.

Me Too !

Originally posted by The Link Wray Way View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here to the forum. I have an older Crate G40C and I'm trying to track down a few bugs in it. Wondered if anyone had a schematic for it. I've got some intermittent audio and intermittent channel switching as well as a few other minor issues I'd like to sort out. I'm also interested in what the tone stack looks like and what values they use for that.

Thanks.
    I got one that has a hum and been huntin' for bad part off and on with spare time. But I havn't seen a schem for the old version either.....sorry.

Comment

Yeah, I've done some looking/searching and schematics for the G40C just don't seem to be very widespread.

Maybe someone has a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by The Link Wray Way View Post

Thanks.
        try phoneing crate and asking for a schematic, you will need the serial number

the sent me my blue voodo's schematics afetr about a week

Comment

Originally posted by Suusi M View Post
          try phoneing crate and asking for a schematic, you will need the serial number

the sent me my blue voodo's schematics afetr about a week
          So just curious...where did you get your schematic? I was directed to get info/parts from Loud Technologies( last time I tried to get one) , and they are located out west. And when I went looking for this older (first version-i.e. 'C" ) model, there was no information out there for it.

Comment

I phoned Loud technologies in the UK and spoke to their spare parts person.

you have prolly seen this page but

crate support

or you could try emailing

General Contact Infomation
            For general questions please email:

misupport@loudtechinc.com

Comment

What is the number on the pcb? Should be a number starting with 07- or 07A

Comment

I was directed to get info/parts from Loud Technologies( last time I tried to get one) , and they are located out west. And when I went looking for this older (first version-i.e. 'C" ) model, there was no information out there for it.
                CONTACT them. Just looking on their web site doesn't access everything they have.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have the G40CXL and the GX40C, but no G40C.

Intermittent audio and random channel changes just screams out jack problems. Measure the resistance of the cutout contacts on the footswitch jack and the FX return jacks and/or power amp in jacks. Those contacts when touching should show less than half an ohm. 1 ohm may seem like a nice low resistance, but it is too high and is a clue that the contacts are not clean. 1 ohm itself won;t get in the way, but if it shows that high, the contacts are not pristine.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Loud = Crate

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    CONTACT them. Just looking on their web site doesn't access everything they have.
                    I had talked to them on the phone. Uh it's been a while but I'll try them again. I seem to remember that they didn't have that older model info. Dunno if the U.K. address may have something in their files?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      I have the G40CXL and the GX40C, but no G40C.

Intermittent audio and random channel changes just screams out jack problems. Measure the resistance of the cutout contacts on the footswitch jack and the FX return jacks and/or power amp in jacks. Those contacts when touching should show less than half an ohm. 1 ohm may seem like a nice low resistance, but it is too high and is a clue that the contacts are not clean. 1 ohm itself won;t get in the way, but if it shows that high, the contacts are not pristine.
                      HUM ! Mine appears to have a shorted part. Have tried several substitutions (i.e. filter cap,+ others). I just gotta keep searching for it I guess....time ya know. Too many projects, I gots to to get to. I just keep going back to it in my rotation of things.

Comment

Crate amps in general...

These older Crates seem to develop that loud "Thunk" when turned on too, apparently indicating a shorted part. I've noticed that it seems to get worse as part(s) begin to fail. Old Peavey amps seem to act that way too. Talking solid state stuff..

Comment

Turn on thump is not usually a failed anything, it is just what the amp does.

Comment

Is this what you're looking for? Not the best quality, but beats the snot out of nothing!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X