Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoked! - Just ordered Something Cool

http://www.buffaloamps.com/BA70CountryBison.html

'55/'56 Gibson "Country & Western" clone........

Can't wait!

Very nostalgic look!! Likely built better than the original production amps.

Comment

You should be stoked! Rob at Buffalo Amps is very knowedgable on old Gibsons. His amps will put Victoria's take on Gibson to shame for sure. Rob recovered my GA-50 and I couldn't be happier with it. If you want authentic Gibson Tone, look no farther. www.buffaloamps.com
      Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
      Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

Yes, I understand there were some sort of strange happening iwth ToneQuest and the choice to review ANOTHER Victoria....TQ had one of Rob's amps in for review and mysteriously chose to do the Victoria instead.

Comment

Hi TD and congratulations on your new amp! Too cool and from Mr. Gibson himself. Not sure what you're referring to in the TQ / Victoria remark. I hope the TQs didn't give Rob the bum's rush but it might have been a timing thing too.

This is a link to TQs back issues index: http://www.tonequest.com/back-issues.htm Note that they have reviewed several other Victorias. I don't subscribe so I don't know how much - if any - Victoria advertises in TQ. If Rob had his BA(GA)40 LP pending TQ review at the time Victoria rolled out its GA40-based Electro King roughly Fall 2007, Rob might have gotten lost in the financial shuffle.

Don't know for sure and not suggesting he wasn't hosed - if that's how it happened. But if so, it would have put TQ in the position of reviewing substantially similar amps at nearly the same time and TQ might not have wanted to get into a compare / contrast / rate thingie; sort of a natural outcome of A/Bing two similar amps. I do hope that Rob and Buffalo Amps ultimately get the TQ attention I think he and his amps deserve! Best, John

Comment

Yes, a two month wait, but I think worth it; it's certainly unique and a not-often heard amp-voice.

Frankly, I'd think TQ would want to support the small builders in addition to their "regulars" (I don't think TQ has any advertising at all, btw).

Of course, they can do whatever they want...

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
              ... Frankly, I'd think TQ would want to support the small builders in addition to their "regulars" ... (I don't think TQ has any advertising at all, btw).
              Hi TD; I really don't know who pays who in the world of internet advertising ... this is the link to Tonequest's home page http://www.tonequest.com/ and I note only that Victoria is linked there (lower left) however Buffalo amps isn't. Considering the apparent quality of the TQ product ... maybe the paid subscriptions are enough to make it worthwhile ... like I said before, I was only speculating ... good luck with your new amp. John
              Last edited by capnjuan; 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

One could speculate all day, so of course that's what I choose to do :-) I think it's pretty safe to follow the money, and Rob got screwed. TQ will always have plausable deniability. I'm all for helping out the little guy. Throw him a bone to help get his name out. Everyone's heard of Victoria. One can guess how the price is going to run (what will the market bear?). Why not show their readers that someone else is doing the same for less, and present options outside the corporate circle? Let's all hope Buffalo Amps get their turn too.
                Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
                Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

bummer....production seems to have stopped there.

Have no idea when the (fully paid for) amp will finally arrive.

Should have been making installments, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
                    bummer....production seems to have stopped there.

Have no idea when the (fully paid for) amp will finally arrive.

Should have been making installments, I guess.
                    Geez, you paid for it in February, and haven't received it yet?
                    I'd call and ask Rob if he is working on it, and if not, ask for a refund.
                    You must be a very patient person.

Comment

Guess I AM patient in that regard...I waited a year for a Kendrick BadAssMan, and I probably have too many amps as it is.

I understand he is having some personal problems that made him put amp work on a part-time basis....

It IS paid-for, though!

Comment

Working...
                      X