travis bean re-do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travis bean re-do

I found some photos of the single coil version of those pickups we were talking about a few months ago and guess what? They have bobbins like the fender wide range pickups which the humbuckers I worked on did not use.
    Construction is similar to the humbucker- check out the thick steel plate underneath that the alnico poles are counter sunk into so there was something to the fender wide range comment.
    Attached Files

bigger photo

sorry I forgot to post the bigger photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Jason, I`m new to this forum and a member of the Idiot Squad when it comes to computers so I`m probably not posing this question in the right place but here goes. I`ve designed a pickup that will only be a 1/2" thick and the same width as the neck of the guitar where it joins the body. It will not be adjustable, I`m going to extend the neck past the end of the fret board and screw it directly to the neck. I would call it a single coil pickup and wondered if you would know about how many feet of wire a typical single coil takes? This pickup isn`t like anything else out there so I really can`t count the turns as I have no baseline yet. I would like it to sound like a Strat single coil so if you or anyone else has any idea how many feet of 42gauge wire it would take let me know. Thanks! Mikej

Comment

Damn...Lollar is fast. I thought about posting those photos last night but got caught up in some other activities. Good score and thanks for sharing.

Those pickups when combined with an aluminum neck have an attack that is unbelievable. People talk about single coils having snap. Those pups are like whiplash. Very interesting sound, an acquired taste, but very cool.

Comment

Those pickups sold for $1,225!

Comment

Working...
          X