Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoonhout33 View Post
    Hey there,
    I have one and would like to fix the reverb, I get return but no send. I traded out tanks...same.
    would appreciate it. I use this amp instead of a 70's twin reverb when I play smaller clubs. I love it... I put one of the celestion classic 30s in it and another in a cabinet, they sound great and it stands a little taller for shallow stages
    Hey, know where i can get a cheap output transformer for my Music Man HD-212? It's the bigger of the two choices, can't remember what I did with the numbers. I'm sure one of you geniuses could figure it out, let me be your student.
    there are many types of reverb tanks, different input/output impedance etc. make sure your using an identical one. Open up old one and check connections; they are quite delicate and a mouse may have made a nest in there Bagging the tank can also help stop the feedback at higher levels.

Also the cables and connectors could be shorted; check with meter.

Could be the op amp driver, its an old JRC 4558D, a replacement is cheap, just pop out the old one from the socket and carefully insert the new one.

NJM14558D NJR Op Amps

The Bravo can sound very good with a better speaker, there was a guy on youtube running it through a Mesa Thiele cab ($$) and it sounded godlike!
    Mesa/Boogie 1x12 Thiele Compact Cabinet | Sweetwater.com

Do you mean the MM HD212-130? We may need chassis numbers to track down the right schematic:MM Amp Schematics

I go with Edcor transformers; they are cheap and good.

Comment

Enzo attached the schematic to post #2 above.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Hey folks,
        I had a crazy idea, wanted to know what you think.
        The buzz/whirr from the fan is the only thing that's making me think it's just this short of being a perfect little amp. So, I want to take it out. I was thinking of installing one of those vents just above the tubes, like you see commonly enough on Vox amps. Does anyone think that this will be enough to dissipate the heat generated by the tubes? And can I just cut the wires from the fan and have done with? I'm not too fussy about keeping it in its original state, I've traded out the speaker for a Weber Sig 12F 50w (I think it's something like that, they don't make it any more, or renamed them) and it sounds great. I put the Weber 1230-55hz in a cab to use along with it, and together they are mighty.
        Thanks anyone who responds...
        Last edited by tboy; 09-07-2011, 07:09 AM. Reason: tag repair

Comment

there are many lower RPM fan options out there; its a 40mm x 10mm 24VDC unit that is powered off the same 24VDC that runs the series heaters for the preamp tubes. A couple of the similar PV designs (called "PAG" for parallel axis geometry = sideways tubes) like my PV Ultra PAG 120w have no such fan. The Bravo is after all exhausting right into the internal side of the cab so very little air is moving into the head up through the tubes-> over the PCB -> out by the power input on the right hand side. A much quieter fan like this one: AD0424MB-G70-LF ADDA Fans & Blowers
          could quiet it up a bit with some active cooling but remember hotter tubes will = shorter life and PV typically includes NOTHING which isn't well thought out and required in a design...IMO if you Bravo isn't cranked up in Meridian Miss in the summer its probably OK with the fan "off"

Comment

course the PAG120 has only 4 12ax7s internal while the bravo adds a couple of el84s in there dissipating ~30w

Comment

Working...
            X