67 bassman thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 bassman thought

i kinda like the guitar channel of the 67 bassman. But i dont like the bass channel side. is there a way i can put another fender style guitar channel on the bass side ? somehting more twin reverb sounding ?

What is the chassis model of your amp? AB165, AA864 etc. That will tell everyone exactly which version of the Bassman you have. It should be on a small piece of paper glued inside the head box. There are usually two letters hand written on it that tell the year and month of manufacture.

The normal channel is pretty close to a Twin Reverb already, except for the missing mid control. The power amp may be one of the CBS era versions that differs from other Fender amps.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

AB165 is the number

Comment

Lots of possibilities with that circuit. The Bass channel is really only a couple of caps away from being identical to the Normal channel. The most popular thing is to make the circuit more of a Pre-CBS Blackface. Do a search and you should be able to find lots of discussion on that. Most mods are in the power amp and that will change what you like about the Normal channel now. There is an unused half of a 12AX7 that can be used for any number of things most of which depart from the Blackface vibe. Adding the reverb recovery stage may add a little Twin-ness.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

FYI

cminor9's site has a whole load of useful schems including the '62-'64 'blonde' bassmans

http://ampedia.redbeartrading.com/da....php?amp_id=66
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
          X