Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xformer Orientation

Hey guys,

I'm using a horizontal mount power xformer and a vertical mount output xformer. They will be mounted next to each other on the chassis. Is there any specific way I need to mount the output xformer to avoid interference or will it be a moot point since they are different orientations?
    ----------------------------------

Doc

It should be OK orientation-wise but close proximity may be a problem (not sure how close they will be). A neat way to check hum before you mount your OPT, assuming the PT, being a laydown, goes into a precut hole in the chassis and it's location is a given, is to hook up the PT to 120V AC, making sure the secondaries are safely taped off or similarly secured and hook up an ordinary pair of headphones to the OPT secondary. Move the OPT around on the chassis and listen for hum in the headphones. It will be louder the closer it is to the PT and being in the same plane will increase it too. No need for the OPT to be connected to anything but the phones. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Clyde. I'll have to give that a try. My chassis is sort of small and if I get too much hum I may need to go with a larger one.
      ----------------------------------

Doc

Comment

Working...
      X