Reticon SAD 1024 needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

At that price its almost worth looking into designing a BBD out of passive components. With caps and resistors the size of a grain of sand, I should start looking at packing 1024 stages of caps and resistors to build my own BBD on a 1" x 2" pc board.

Comment

Good point.

I once decided to sketch out a plan for an all-tube digital delay. 8-)

You need one duotriode for each bit, 16 bits minimum per sample, and 44kHz sampling. For 1Sec of delay, that's 16x44,000 = 704 *thousand* duotriodes for the delay line, never mind how much logic is needed to do A-D and D-A, etc. For a duotriode heater, you need 12.6Vx0.150A, or 1.89W per tube. The plates pull about 1ma at 200V, or 0.2W per tube (one half of each tube is always off!), so each tube needs 2.09W of DC power. The total for the delay line is 1.471 megawatts. Of course, you also have to air-condition that much power out of the "enclosure", at an efficiency that can't very well exceed about 80% for heat pumping from a water-source, so bump that up by 20% to 1.76MW.

At $0.15/KWHr, this thing costs 1760x$0.15 = $264 per hour to run, just for the electricity. And I've left off the capital cost of the power supply transformers, filter caps, wire, solder, tube sockets, cabinets, etc.

Sometimes I just like to design things... 8-)
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Build it.and they will come.....!

Comment

Hi
          Can you PM me

paul.morison1@btinternet
          and I will send the £21 immediately for the chip--Reticon SAD1024

Comment

SAD1024's are still in stock on My Audio Lab:

MY AUDIO LAB - Boutique en ligne de kits électroniques à monter soi-même - D.I.Y electronic kits

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
              Good point.

I once decided to sketch out a plan for an all-tube digital delay. 8-)
              Silly idea. That's why I designed an all tube bucket brigade delay. I'm sure it works and once I find a way to detect the signal under the noise floor I'll be able to prove it.
              My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Hi
                Got some trhe other day-ordered too many-I have 4 left if you need one. All NOS originals
                please PM me

Comment

Is winding down the SAD1024 in usability. People have found the source of almost all NOS exist. I think there are TV / Stereo island in the Philippines has been in a bin two repair guy, and the other in an electronics shop in Montevideo, has changed owners three times guys do not know who in the drawer of the three chips is the . However, this seems to be the problem...
                  Charming [url=http://www.cwmalls.com/shoes/pumps/ladies-real-cowhide-leather-open-toe-straw-platform-thick-heel-shoes-sandals-black]Ladies black leather Platform Shoes[/url] and that's really beautiful

Comment

Hi, I have been going through thousands of old NOS IC'S and found a Reticon SAD1024A....make me an offer if interested. I'm located in the UK but can send overseas. It has been stored in anti static foam.

Comment

Reticon 1024

Originally posted by omegaman View Post
                      Hi, I have been going through thousands of old NOS IC'S and found a Reticon SAD1024A....make me an offer if interested. I'm located in the UK but can send overseas. It has been stored in anti static foam.
                      Hi
                      Im in UK-would £17.50 inc postage be OK

Cheers

Paul

Comment

SAD1024 Help

Originally posted by uhf-satcom.com View Post
                        Hi all,

I just Googled for this IC, as I found a new one in my 'junk'. It is still in the packet from 'TANDY', marked 'reticon sad1024a' - is anyone interested in this IC to help fix something? (sorry I'm not a musical electronics expert..). Ping me an email if you want further info.

cheers,

Paul.
                        Do you still have this 1024 kicking around????

Comment

Have you come across any more SAD1024s? My Ross Flanger just died and we traced it to a bad SAD1024. If not, please let me know if you know of anyone else to try. Thanks!

Comment

SAD1024

I don't have any leads for you. I found one in Florida at Abstract Electonics and picked it up for $100. It was a little spendy but, what are you gonna do?! It was cheaper than a new pedal. I had a few leads in China but hadn't followed them up. It helps to talk to someone in the electronics supply chain businesses. That's how I came upon the Abstract lead. Maybe call them and see if they could recommend another supply. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Strutter View Post
                              I don't have any leads for you. I found one in Florida at Abstract Electonics and picked it up for $100. It was a little spendy but, what are you gonna do?! It was cheaper than a new pedal. I had a few leads in China but hadn't followed them up. It helps to talk to someone in the electronics supply chain businesses. That's how I came upon the Abstract lead. Maybe call them and see if they could recommend another supply. Good luck!
                              Thanks so much for the quick response. I'll keep scouring!

Comment

guys, does anyone have a link to how to make a daughterboard to sub say an 3007 for a 1024?

i've tried searching, found a thread on diystompboxes, but no pix to help the old hippy out, unfortunately..

and i'm too much of a newb to figure out from the datasheets how to make the substitution...

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X