stupid modeling amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid modeling amp

Not sure where to turn because I can't find any information on the web about this problem, but I have a Vox Valvetronix AD120VTH amp head. I have it hooked up to my 2x12 cab. It seems like there is a slight gate when I'm not playing, as if the amp is turning itself off. As soon as I play the sound the guitar sound is right there, but if I let the note hang out, it will start to shutter, go slightly on/off when the level goes down. When I play it's normal and I can't really hear it, but when I let notes ring out, or if it's a slight palm mute, I can hear it and it bothers the heck out of me!

Now, I've read about some people having to take a 1/4" plug to the back and plug it in/plug it out to remedy a complete turn off, but mine doesn't actually do that. It's almost as if you touch your strings on and off and there is a grounding problem. But I really don't know much about electricity.

Doesn't anyone know about this problem, or, is anyone familiar with this amp. I'm not to happy about the amp but it's all I have right now and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
    Have you checked the "noise reduction" circuit settings?

The AD60/120 incorporates a noise gate, which can be adjusted while pressing the "EX CTL" button and rotate the "speed" pot at its right ( clockwise=more noise reduction ).

If you look the panel closely enough, you' ll see the above mentioned button and pot are tied together with a line and there's also a small "NR" ( Noise Reduction" ) to indicate what they control.

Also, be aware that the NR settings are stored and saved within each "patch".

Hope this helps

Best regards

Bob
    Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the advice. At first I wasn't sure if that was going to work because I thought I tried it, but I went back and fiddled around with those controls and low and behold, it worked! So thanks for redirecting me back to something I "thought I tried." It's back to sounding better and my frustrations have been eased....for now!

Late.

Hdog

Comment

Glad I've been able to help!
        Enjoy your amp!
        Best regards
        Bob
        Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Working...
        X