Powered Sub Woofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powered Sub Woofer

I am having a problems with a powered sub woofer, a Porficient S8. The speaker was making a loud hum and not playing music. When I powered it on without any load it smoked a small 4.7pF cap. I replaced the cap and the TDA7293 amp. now it works but doesn't have much power. Any ideas?

sub amp fault

Welcome to forum.

Now before you change any more part's do some voltage checks and this will save you some time and help locate your faulty part quicker!

what is the volt reading at the out put end? do some signal tracing to track weak power drops.

Comment

Originally posted by amptech View Post
      Welcome to forum.

Now before you change any more part's do some voltage checks and this will save you some time and help locate your faulty part quicker!

what is the volt reading at the out put end? do some signal tracing to track weak power drops.
      sounds like either the cap you replaced had a different voltage rating or some of the resistors or transistors are on there way out.

you should invest in a decent digital multi meter.

Comment

Sounds like the old output chip was making DC and putting it on the speaker. COnnect the system to a different speaker for test. YO(u may have damaged the original speaker.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X