Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "DI YA" Potentiometers

Hi everybody!

New guy around here. I like amps. a Lot! Looking forward to participate!

Now, I'm having some trouble finding parts for one of my amps. In particular, does anyone know where to get "DI YA" potentiometers? The kind that come stock on most Fulltone Fx boxes and Carvin amps (that I know of)?

I need to get some new pots for my Carvin amp, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the Portuguese Carvin rep.

Thanks!

You would place a large order with them.

Pots for amp makers are made to spec, they are not generally off the shelf parts. That is why you can see the exact same pot in one amp with a split, knurled shaft, and in another with a smooth D shaft. The parts are custom made. And you have to order them in thousands.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, Enzo.

I guess you're right, but you know, at this point I'm starting to consider that option. Carvin tells me to talk to the local rep but I got tired of waiting so I might even give it a try. I suppose these are high quality parts, so I guess I could allways make some of that stock available to the local and very active Diy comunity around here.

So, any chance of knowing who the supplier is?

Thanks again!

Comment

Well there are numerous pot makers, they all would work in similar fashion. Keep looking, you might find some other OEM uses something similar enough. I have in the past needed a pot I didn;t have, found one that would work except it had those metal side flaps for sup0port. I didn;t have room for those, so I unbent the tabs that held the pot together, removed the bracket, and reassembled the pot I have done this in reverse as well.

A quick google of diya electronics took me right there: http://www.diya.com.tw/indexe.htm

Click on products for a listing. They make pots alright. Near the top is a "product code explanation" That shows how most of them make up part numbers - by chosing options.

You could also explore companies like ALps.

Tell us how many thousands is a minimum order. I may be surprised.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've usually had pretty good luck asking for a few samples of a part when minumums are in the thousands... I just tell them I'm working on a design and need a few different pots (or whatever) to try. It helps greatly if you are running a bonafide business and have a business name though don't be surprised if you get a call from one of their salespeople asking how the project is going, especially in these days and times.

Just a thought.

Comment

Wow, Enzo! That was a quick find!

I've had no luck. Gotta train me' googleish then...

Anyways, I requested a quote on a minimum quantity order. I'll let you know how it went

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
              I've usually had pretty good luck asking for a few samples of a part when minumums are in the thousands... I just tell them I'm working on a design and need a few different pots (or whatever) to try. It helps greatly if you are running a bonafide business and have a business name though don't be surprised if you get a call from one of their salespeople asking how the project is going, especially in these days and times.

Just a thought.
              Thanks, Tim.

That sounds like a good idea, too.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X