SoundTech Monitor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundTech Monitor problem

Hi all, I have an older, 10-inch SoundTech floor monitor (with horn) that is missing its connection jackplate. The plate is on the front of the monitor, next to the horn.

Can anyone clue me in as to how to fix this thing, where I may find parts, etc.? I assume that it had a passive crossover mounted underneath with dual jacks as usual.

I have attempted to attach pictures here...not sure if it worked.

Thanks mucho,

Jeff
    Attached Files

The photos are OK, but I don't see where a jack plate would go, next to the horn is covered by the metal grille.

SO what do you have then, just the box with two drivers in it with dangling wires?
    Unless that horn is a piezo - and it doesn;t look like it from here - you would need a crossover. It could be mounted on the jack plate or m ounted to the interior wall of the cab with wires up to the jack plate. WHatever works.

Parts Express has a reasonable collection of jack plates in various sizes. See if something matches your dimensions.

They also sell crossovers. You can buy them made up, or they sell bare boards and components and you select what you need from charts.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yeah, in the picture to the OTHER side of the horn you'll notice the opening that I'm talking about where the jackplate used to be.

Comment

You mean that huge opening that runs the whole width of the cabinet? That is more tha a jack plate, you'd have to cut a piece of sheetmetal for that or a piece of plywood.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the hole was kinda big too, LOL. I wondered if it might have been powered, but the guy I got it from said it was a passive monitor. So I have no idea what exactly went there, but was hoping to just put a jack plate, crossover, and attenuator on.

Comment

Working...
          X