BK 1470 For 50 dollars ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK 1470 For 50 dollars ?

Someone in my city is selling this scope it's 70's modal. The seller is asking 30 and I will need to spend 20 on some new probes. Would this scope be worth having? It used to belong to an ethinal plant so it may or may not have been used much.
    I build guitar pedals and I understand that you can live without a scope but, I do want to know how to use one. Is it worth my time?

if it's working the answer is GOOD GOD YES!

just about any dual trace scope would be more than sufficient for audio work

Comment

Well I just got an email the seller said an engineer at the plant told her one of the channels is busted. I am thinking of offering her 15 for it. It could be a good project.
      I can' tell if that thing takes standard probes. Does anyone know?

Comment

Yes, it takes standard probes.

One channel is enough for the majority of things you'll be doing.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just picked it up and it looks like it was babied. I needs a bit of contact cleaner. I am going to clean off as much of the old flux as I can then I will get some probes and learn how to use it.

Comment

"Yes, it takes standard probes."
            What type of jacks are those? It seems like most probes I see have BNC jacks. I just picked up some very nice BNC jacks from a local parts store incase I need to switch them out.

Comment

http://tone-lizard.com/Oscilloscopes.htm

great place to start learning scope profficiency

Comment

After looking at some pictures of another vintage BK it looks like mine is missing the N type to BNC adaptors. I might hunt those down. Thanks for the link.

Comment

And HEY!
                  take what he says about BK scopes with the grain o salt.

I'd be proud as a puppy with two tails to own one.

kinda like when we was kids and giving my buddy a hard time about owning a chevette until he asked OK WHO WANTS TO RIDE TO THE MALL

that was a great little chevette

he does have good practical advice on trouble shooting an amp with a scope and some pretty clever ways of looking at things IMO thats why I pointed you there.

at the very least it is soooooo cooooool to see your guitar's sound while you play! that alones worth $50

Comment

Originally posted by JasonG View Post
                    Someone in my city is selling this scope it's 70's modal. The seller is asking 30 and I will need to spend 20 on some new probes. Would this scope be worth having? It used to belong to an ethinal plant so it may or may not have been used much.
                    I build guitar pedals and I understand that you can live without a scope but, I do want to know how to use one. Is it worth my time?
                    They were standard equipment in most every TV/Audio repair shop in the 70s that didn't get ripped off by Sencor. It's a dual trace scope. If I remember correctly they're around 40 or 50 megs. They were famous for triggering problems as they aged and have no delayed sweep. If you can, fire it up and see if it will trigger and if the selector switches aren't dicked up. Its not a bad scope at all for audio if it works right. If it won't trigger it will drive you nuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X