Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Deville Issues

Hello!

Thanks ahead of time for any help. I have a 1993 Fender Blues Deville 410. IT had really LOW volume, the pre amp was working and I couldn't get a signal on R57 or 58. I assumed it was the power amp. So I put new 82k resisters in both. It got much louder and the quality of sound got much better.

ok

However, now the master volume is unresponsive along with every other control besides the channel sensitive ones (drive and volume). Please help!

Thanks!
    Steve

Wow.

Ok, the BdV schematic I have shows R57 and R58 being the screen resistors and 470 ohms. Taking those values up by a factor of 175 or so may have been a bit much ... even if they measured open or close to it.

Where in the amp were your R57/R58?

Comment

Oh, well that would explain a lot. I got the info from another tech person online but they could have easily of been wrong. THey are located next to each power amp.

Thanks!
      Steve

Comment

Before you go digging around in there again, please read up on some safety issues.

Tube amps contain genuinely lethal voltages, and you need to respect that.

Comment

fender blues deville

Did someone tell you to put them 82k's in there r57 and r58 should be 470 ohm each at 1 to 2 watts.
          It's also a fixed biased amp circuit so no fiddling with biasing there. if your not sure how to service valve gear give it to some who can

Comment

Working...
          X