Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Reference Amp- Big Buzz...

Hey guys,

I have an alesis RS150 reference amplifier that has a real bad buzzing problem. I thought it could have been a cold soldering joint on my power caps, but that did not fix the problem.

The only thing that I can give you guys as a reference is that the buzz is effected by the volume knobs. If the knobs are turned all the way down, then the buzz goes away, and it steadily gets louder as you turn it up. ALSO, it does it in both channels.

I'm not sure where to even start, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

I know that this forum is mostly guitar amps but I didn't know where to find another forum where I could find the answer. If you have another one that I could jump to, that would work as well.

Thanks guys,

noob2amps

GO right to the input jacks and see if the solder has cracked on them. Or maybe the jack has failed.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Alesis part deux

Ok so I tried to resolder the input jacks, but the buzz still ensued. The more I listen to the buzz, the more it sounds like a grounding problem somewhere... Also, when I hooked the amp up, the sound was slightly distorted and not near as loud as it should have been. I thought that maybe this new information as well as the old information from the first post might give you guys some more places to suggest.

I really appreciate all of you.

noob2amps

Comment

OK, then start at the power swupplies. Specifically the low voltage supplies, like +/-15v. Are they up to voltage and clean?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X