5E3 chassis panel, lost info/ help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 chassis panel, lost info/ help.

Hi, can s'one help me with A) the vent positioning/ size etc for the 5E3? ive seen some plans that show the centrline of the venthole at 2.25" from bttm; this MUST be wrong.

B) a certain pro kitbuilders site with a clear pic of the rear side of a 5E3: he makes a 'woodie' Princeton clone too.. can anyone remember the chap/ site?

Ive had a pc crash/ all my amp stuff lost hence Q's.

thanks alot, capt.

Well maybe these are the plans you mean. The bottom line is the top of the vent holes should be about 1/2 inch below the bottom of the chassis when the panel is in place so the tubes are at the vent holes. Anywhere from 2.25 to 2.50 would work if your panel is 7.75 Scott Cole is the drafter of the cabinet drawings:

http://teacherbridge.cs.vt.edu/publi.../music/Amp/5E3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bnwitt; 03-12-2009, 06:50 PM.
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Direct from a vintage 5E3:

18 3/8" x 6 5/8"

The vents are set in 2" from the edge. Center of the vent is 1 7/8" from the bottom of the panel.

Each vent is 5 3/4" wide x 1 1/4 wide. The vents are beveled, possibly by hand, can't really say what the radius of the bevel would be.

Alby.

Comment

Far be it from me to quibble over a 1/4 of an inch
        Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Thanks alot ALby, just what was needed. Have made the b'stard to your details.. looks proportionately spot on. cheers capt

Comment

Working...
          X