Help with Crate Vintage Club 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!
    I own 2 CRATE VC5212.They both have same problems.
    1.They working very hot and all elecytr. caps are need to be change
    2.They do not have enough negative volt to grid.They just working too hot.
    I put 1 OHM resistor in place j03.I check bias current.Bias is factory (on my both amp) 166mA!No it is no mistake.This is even in idle to much power for EL84.They should be arround 88mA!
    I fixed this with cascade multiplayer and make bias adjust type.I send schematic and photo in next few days.
    Maybe is this problem only in export models(230-240V).

Comment

loss of signal

Originally posted by arjay View Post
      I have a 1992 Crate Vintage Club 50 head that just faded out mid-song and now is "dead". Only a very faint hum through the speakers regardless of the control settings. I have verifed that the fuses are intact and used known good tubes and do not see any burnt components or obvious loose solder joints. I have the schematics but am not very experienced at troubleshooting. For example, do I check test points between chassis ground and the TP? If so, TP19 is within specs but TP18 is close to 0V! Any ideas that I could check out?

Thanks,
      Arjay
      Hi, it is most likly your send return jack or your switching jack its the only break point ,it could also be a couple of other problems ,no heater voltage your tubes all of them should glow just a little orange on the 12ax7's thats the best i can do without lookig at it.(Jeff's Repair)

Comment

Hi guys. I'm having issues with this amp, too. Initially, the amp came with volume spikes. I replaced R52 with a couple of 5W resistors in series, adding up 515 ohm, because I could not find 470 ohm.
        When I test the amp out of the enclosure it works like a charm, but as soon as I put it back together it sounds like crap. I took it appart again an rearranged the wiring (not the position of connectors but the way it passes thru the amp. The way thereverb connectors are arranged sucks big time, by the way.
        It sounds great for about a minute now, then back to horrible. Any idea what's going on? Overheating, maybe? Power trafo gets really warm when the amp is inside of the wooden enclosure.

Comment

Working...
        X