Feet for speaker cabinets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feet for speaker cabinets?

A while back I built a 1x12 open back cabinet. Nothing special about it. I haven't like how boomy it is so today I tried raising it up off the ground and wow, what a difference. I had put some little rubber feet but they sink into the carpet and aren't really contacting the floor.

I remember looking for taller feet at the hardware store but not finding any. Anyone have some favorite feet they use? Where do I get that kind of stuff?
    Check out my signal generator for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

try aiming the speaker towards you. alot of the the effect of raising it is actually getting it aimed at your ears so it isnt as off axis. the high end of speakers is rolled off when the speaker isnt pointed right at you (because the same frequency is leaving the speaker at both sides of the speaker, but one gets there quicker because it is closer, and puts some of the highs out of phase. i think the rolloff is around 1khz for a 12" speaker. the effect is alot more pronounced when you put 4 12" speaker in a square. this is why mid drivers in hifi units are around 5", and tweeters are around 1".

there is a bit of coupling with the ground, but the beaming nature of larger speakers is the main culprit.

Comment

In the recent past I have ordered high rubber feet through the local music shop. You can get a range of rubber feet diameters and heights
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X