pcb input jack replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcb input jack replacement

I have a behringer with a broken input jack( so replacement parts are out of the question).

Can I use an input jack of another kind and solder wires from that to the pcb?

Actually a jack is a part they might have, but what model are we discussing?

RUnning wires to the board is so... clumsy. Their guitar amps and similar use jacks very similar to Switchcraft. So I use Switchcraft in their place. I usuall;y have to shave the pins down a little to fit throught the holes in the pc board. And sometimes I need to dress out the panel hole a tiny bit - like half a millimeter. I think their jack is like the N114BPC Switchcraft.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The model is the LX1200H, I have read another post of yours, and searched for the switchcraft equivelent and I can not seem to find either one. Each one that I have found says they have 0 in stock or you have to buy in bulk.

If you have any and and could shave one down for me let me know what you would charge to do it and send it to me, or If you have any other suggestions let me know. Any help is appreciated, and as a last resort, is it at all possible to do as I said earlier?

Comment

OK, so it is basically a V-amp in a head.

It uses the same jack I described. The Switchcraft N114BPC would be the one.

Mouser has 469 of them in stock, but will sell you one for $4.13.
        Stock number 502-N114BPCX

N114BPC is the insulated bushing version - a plastic entry. The metal version is plain 114BPC. But for hum reasons, I highly recommend staying with the plastic. But Mouser also sells those for $4.09.

I grind away a little material on the pins sticking out of the jack with my Dremel. A file would work. I just shave it until it fits, I don;t have some measurement. It isn't difficult. I remove the old part, clear the holes, then modify the new part to fit. I don;t really want to do that without those holes sitting in front of me.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you so much, When I joined this forum I was hoping to get a response from you.
          You have been a great help.. Thank you again.

Comment

enzo?

ok, I have replaced the jack, and all I get is static with a little signal bleeding through, what do you thing this could be?

Comment

DOn't know, check your work, make sure noghting is grounding out. MAke sure you didn;t damage any traces removing the old jack.

Comment

Will do, I hope it's just something that needs touched up.

Comment

Originally posted by 91sport_tn View Post
                  Will do, I hope it's just something that needs touched up.
                  Take a meter to the pcb at the solder pad from the jack pin and the next solder pad down the line from that one. I'll bet one got broken when the jack got damaged. Common for this to happen. I'll usually just scrape the trace free of solder mask in the area of the crack and bridge it with solder.
                  The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtr_tech View Post
                    Take a meter to the pcb at the solder pad from the jack pin and the next solder pad down the line from that one. I'll bet one got broken when the jack got damaged. Common for this to happen. I'll usually just scrape the trace free of solder mask in the area of the crack and bridge it with solder.
                    Im pretty sure the board is ok, but I am going to check anyway... aany other ideas?

thanks for bringing up the meter, I had totally forgot about using it.

Comment

Working...
                    X