Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi There....and help !!

My first post here so...
    I'm Pete from the UK and Hi to all on the forum.
    I have a Crate BT-350 bass head thats developed a problem on the graphic eq section.When i swith the graphic section on there is a very distinct break up in the tone of the amp.I narrowed it down the the 4k slider.When the slider is below the top 1/4 is when the distortion occurs,put it top the top and the tone clears up.I've tried a contact spray cleaner and air duster but to no avail.This woul'dnt be so bad but with the 4k on max the sound is'nt good.
    Any ideas chaps ?? I believe this head shares a lot of parts with SWR and Ampeg bass heads if it helps.
    If you guys could give me some pointers i'd be very gratefull as i love this old clunker.
    Cheers,
    Pete.

Originally posted by kennyrodg View Post
    My first post here so...
    I'm Pete from the UK and Hi to all on the forum.
    I have a Crate BT-350 bass head thats developed a problem on the graphic eq section.When i swith the graphic section on there is a very distinct break up in the tone of the amp.I narrowed it down the the 4k slider.When the slider is below the top 1/4 is when the distortion occurs,put it top the top and the tone clears up.I've tried a contact spray cleaner and air duster but to no avail.This woul'dnt be so bad but with the 4k on max the sound is'nt good.
    Any ideas chaps ?? I believe this head shares a lot of parts with SWR and Ampeg bass heads if it helps.
    If you guys could give me some pointers i'd be very gratefull as i love this old clunker.
    Cheers,
    Pete.
    I'm guessing you have a broken slider, probably breaking into an oscillation when it loses contact internally. Also check the ribbon connector going to the eq section.

Comment

Working...
    X