Hammond L-100 to Matchless Spifire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond L-100 to Matchless Spifire

Check out my latest project. it has a 5R4 rectifier instead of the 5U4. The amp sounds pretty good . I eliminated the master volume because i think it really doesnt need it.

BD
    Attached Files

Originally posted by baddog View Post
    Check out my latest project. it has a 5R4 rectifier instead of the 5U4. The amp sounds pretty good . I eliminated the master volume because i think it really doesnt need it.

BD
    Looks pretty darn good so far! Spray paint the transformers?

Comment

Thanks Man

I made it out of parts i had lying around. the filter caps are 47uf and 20uf instead of the factory 33uf and 22uf. Maybe ill change them later when i get some cash. I had to use a 15k 2 watt drop resister instead of the normal 22K recomended for V1. I moved the output trani from the center of the chassis to the outside and installed a 900 ohm choke in its place. Im running with an 8 ohm load becuse i never wrote the load down when i removed it from the organ. I figured if its a 4 ohm trani it should be able to handle an 8 ohm load. I picked up a cloth snding wheel from Menards and used it on some parts of the chassis as you can see in the pics. I should have done the whole thing. It really does a nice job of cleaning the metal i recomend buying one . Thanks for the input.

BD

Comment

Working...
      X