High Pass Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pass Filter

I was asked to install a filter to take out the lower frequencies going to the Peavey Impulse 200 PA speakers. They are adding subs and the Impulse 200 speakers are full range only. Do I really need a 2nd order high pass filter or will 1st order be fine? Also, what is a good cutoff point, 70, 80, 100, 120hz?

Good crossover point? Well what subs are you using, and what do they prefer? 150 is a common enough point.

But what system are you planning to drive them with? One amp for it all and then a passive crossover for the full range IMpulse plus the sub? Separate amps? Separate amps would be better served then with an active crossover before the amps.

SOme subs have crossovers built in, so you can then plug the full range speakers into the subs.

I see no advantage to amplifying the bottom end then filtering it out at the speaker.

Under 100Hz, the Impulse response starts to drop like a stone anyway, so is ther a need to block the real low end from it? Send the bottom only to the subs, but continue to run the Impulse full range. Just a thought.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X