Fender Champion 600 On/off toggle switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Champion 600 On/off toggle switch

Hi there! I was wondering if any one could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated, I have recently just snapped the toggle switch on this amp and I have run in to problem locating a replacement for it, I know its a four pole but cant find one that matches, any one know where I might be able to find one. Any help you can offer would be gratefully received. I have just seen that a similar post has been made, sorry about that, I had a look and cant find the answers I need from it, I live in England and we dont have radio shack, and the places we do have I cant find the right one. The ones I can find are four poles but they are used to switch between a few things and not just on off. Any way thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Parktreeone; 03-21-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: Similar post, more info

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
    Fax: (480) 367-5262
    E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

Try contacting Fender. I have had sucsess when I couldn't find a part in the usual places. Also try http://www.tubesandmore.com/

Good luck!

Comment

First, that is not a four pole switch, it has four terminals, yes, but it is not a four pole switch. if you ask for a four pole switch from an electronics parts supplier, it means something very different from what you want.

You have a two pole switch, specifically a double pole single throw switch or DPST type. There are two circuits in the switch (the poles) and there is only one `position that cionnects anything (the throw). Ask for a DPST toggle switch and you will get something appropriate.

They are all pretty much the same. You won't find the exact switch Fender used unless you go to China. But they all fit the same hole and look similar. There is only one switch on the amp, so you don;t have to match another one.

I wouldn't be too confident finding that switch from Fender, especially in the UK. Those amps are considered disposable, and limited parts support was availabler last I checked.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fender makes NO parts available for the Champion 600. You can get a DPDT toggle switch at Radio Shack. Due to the angle of the front and proximity of the switch to the PCB, it might be a tight fit, but if you cut the leads and solder them directly to the terminals, you will be fine.
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Um Welcome to the forum, Parktreeone
          Im not sure if the power switch is a minature one or not you need to measure the vacant hole to get the cut out size or work out what size will fit physically.
          Also check the current rating at 230/240 volts. ie 4amps or 5 amps etc.
          Yes its a double pole double throw switch switches both the neutral and the active.Some switches will have 6 terminals and called on_on types not just simple on_off. These will have 2 centre terminals that will either connect to the top two or the bottom 2.You only need to connect to the centre 2 and either the top or bottom 2. Usually if the switch is depressed it is the top 2 it connects to (swivel action see saw.....).

Try here
          http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=19260
          DP Neon Rocker Sw RD17T £2.49 In Stock
          RD19V DPST All Black
          panel cut-out required 19 x 13mm.
          "A range of slim aesthetically styled rocker switches. The switches require a 19x13mm panel cut-out. In addition to the illuminated vesions there is a black version of the two position double pole switch (RD19V).The two colour rocker (ML79L) provides a distinctive switch with a red flash visible when it is in the ON position. All connections are via 6.5mm fastons"
          You probably dont need the illuminated version.
          and here
          http://uk.rs-online.com/web/
          and put 198-8507 in their search box
          RS Stock No. 198-8507 £1.29
          4 A @ 250Vac 19.0 to 19.4mm Height Panel Cut Out

Hmmm they are both Rockers...too bad if you're a Mod !.....:-)

Um just realised its a plain ole toggle so ignore all that above
          and see here
          http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...o=2360#specifi
          10A Toggle DPST JK26D £3.19
          I would steer clear of the 2A FH39N as I have found they often break down.
          I use the 10 amp ones they are better made and last.
          As luck would have it I think they are out of stock of the 4 terminal ones
          (bottom left toggle picture)
          If there are still electronic shops in Edgewear Road in London
          someone should be able to help you there.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by oc disorder; 03-22-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: a big whoops

Comment

It is a full size toggle.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

OK< Fender lists them, if you absolutely must...

part 0073911000

I have no idea if they actually have them in stock anywhere.

Wouldn;t be the first time I called them and they told me they showed 10,000 in stock... but they were all at the factory in some foreign land.

Comment

Found It

The on/off switch of my Champion just froze after a week of owning it. I found the replacement part here: Darren Riley's Guitar & Amp Repair Raleigh NC

Comment

Hi Tarpon and welcome to the forum.
                  Thats a useful post
                  Fender Switch Toggle Champion 600 $12.95
                  Fender part # 0073911000
                  Matches Enzo part No.
                  The site has a lot of the parts with pictures including some of the
                  more obscure ones.
                  I've bookmarked it for a reference.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Good that you found the resource, but those prices seem pretty high to me. SOme of them at least.

Comment

JR's suggestion is the way to go... just grab a DPST toggle switch at Radio Shack. Be just as good if not better than stock.
                      Hey you... Yeah you kid... Ya wanna buy some "Magic Beans"?

Comment

Working...
                      X