Gibson Les Paul Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Studio

hi guys, looking for some help. My friend just got a Gibson Les Paul Studio, second hand... it is somewhat dirty and needs a good clean up. The previous owner had had some stickers on it and now it seems as if they´ve stuck to it... allthough they have been removed you can still see their outline in the paintwork (white spots on a white-yellowish base)... any good fix to this... Would it be OK to use car wax (the type you would use to restore the paint on your car...)?

And also, how to know what year it was made....? serialnumber is 92327405 does that help...?

Any advice is much apreciated! Thanks!

Originally posted by sir 6v6 View Post
    hi guys, looking for some help. My friend just got a Gibson Les Paul Studio, second hand... it is somewhat dirty and needs a good clean up. The previous owner had had some stickers on it and now it seems as if they´ve stuck to it... allthough they have been removed you can still see their outline in the paintwork (white spots on a white-yellowish base)... any good fix to this... Would it be OK to use car wax (the type you would use to restore the paint on your car...)?

And also, how to know what year it was made....? serialnumber is 92327405 does that help...?

Any advice is much apreciated! Thanks!
    Not actually seeing what you are looking at its hard to say. My experience with stickered up guitars on Nitro lacquer has been to clean and remove them with lighter fluid (Naptha). The outline of the sticker will go away with time as the now exposed lacquer takes time to blend with the other. If it still shows an outline in a year or so, you may consider a light wetsand and buffing. I haven't ever had to do that as I have always seen the outlines disappear over time. Oh and the serial number says it was made in 97. The first and fifth digit.

Comment

Working...
    X