Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading bobbin info (Your Vintage P-90, my 58-59 PAF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading bobbin info (Your Vintage P-90, my 58-59 PAF)

Would anyone here be willing to trade some bobbin info?

Does anyone here have a vintage P-90 bobbin, or have notes from when the took one apart? I'm looking for three main measurements:

Coil Height
    Coil Former Width
    Coil Former Length.

If you are interested, I'm willing to trade the spacing from either my PAF slug bobbin or PAF screw bobbin.

Message me if you are interested.

b.

Check the seventh post on this thread. Jonson was kind enough to share this a while back.

OBTW Thanks

Comment

Hmm I looked through that thread and saw where he mentioned the bobbin outside measurements, but not the inside measurements. Thank you though - cool thread!

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
        Hmm I looked through that thread and saw where he mentioned the bobbin outside measurements, but not the inside measurements. Thank you though - cool thread!
        Jonson mentioned coil space hight of .235
        www.t-rod-guitars.de

Comment

me old un.

Hi Belwar and you other guys. I cant add too much about this pickup unless I shread it and as it does not mean value too me that could be done. Interesting bits are that the bobbin is 3 piece. top/bottom looks like old old forbon and the centre which I cannot see is placed in between and brass rivets between the outer pairs of polescrews hold it together. The two magnets are as near to anything I have read as to being the same mags used in pafs, and the keeper bar poss the same. My knowledge of Gobsin pickups is zilch and not my territory so, sorry Spence it's going in the post bruv and you pull it to pieces and make the info available as this must be antiquity, and needs to be recorded. Must be worth sacrificing for that rather than it being a museum piece.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
            Hi Belwar and you other guys. I cant add too much about this pickup unless I shread it and as it does not mean value too me that could be done. Interesting bits are that the bobbin is 3 piece. top/bottom looks like old old forbon and the centre which I cannot see is placed in between and brass rivets between the outer pairs of polescrews hold it together. The two magnets are as near to anything I have read as to being the same mags used in pafs, and the keeper bar poss the same. My knowledge of Gobsin pickups is zilch and not my territory so, sorry Spence it's going in the post bruv and you pull it to pieces and make the info available as this must be antiquity, and needs to be recorded. Must be worth sacrificing for that rather than it being a museum piece.
            Hey i'll hack it apart if you want and pay for FedEx shipping :>

Comment

Jonson, is this the pickup you are talking about? (dont remember where I got the picture... here probably.)
              Attached Files
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Jonson, is this the pickup you are talking about? (dont remember where I got the picture... here probably.)
                Thats a P13. I've got one of those. It's from possums thread

Comment

p90 / p13

No David i'm talkin bout a p90. It's the one on the top of the wikipedia page. Belwar, my reason for sending to Spence would be the same as my reason for sending it to Sam Lee guy. Little much not known,, but those two have spent a lot of bread over the years buying up vintage pickups and tearing them apart to get the info. Which is why they both poduce frightening pickups. Lots of metal testing and tracking origonal material sources and not relied on info from others, which is why they both ask very few questions. Spence will hack it down and I'm sure he will share the answers with all even if it has been got at or whatever, although I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                    Thats a P13. I've got one of those. It's from possums thread
                    I thought it was a P13, but I thought it might have been some other pickup from the era.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                      ...my reason for sending to Spence would be the same as my reason for sending it to Sam Lee guy.
                      Do we even know who Sam Lee Guy was?

Comment

Yes, Sam Lee Guy is ------ ------- ------------
                        David will figure it out :-)
                        http://www.SDpickups.com
                        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                          Yes, Sam Lee Guy is ------ ------- ------------
                          David will figure it out :-)
                          Not even a cryptogram this time?!?

Comment

Righto Jonson. I'll get the big hammer out!

Who's Sam Lee Guy? Why he's a little Chinese fella who make pickups with noodles. You can read all about him in a fabulous book called Yellow River by I.P. Daley.
                            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                              Righto Jonson. I'll get the big hammer out!

Who's Sam Lee Guy? Why he's a little Chinese fella who make pickups with noodles. You can read all about him in a fabulous book called Yellow River by I.P. Daley.
                              That was his cousin Spence, as I'm quite sure Yellow River was written by I. P. Freely
                              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                              X