Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please make me a wiring diagram for emgs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please make me a wiring diagram for emgs.

I have a toggle switch in between the tone and volume pots.

Do I disconnect the leg of the cap from the volume pot and then just solder it to the back of the tone pot?

Comment

Ummm....what does the toggle switch do? What are you trying to accomplish by moving the tone pot cap? Do you have any instructions that came with the EMG's? Your "schematic" and description of your problem leave a bit to be desired. Lots of folks can probably help out but we will likely need more info.

Comment

my guitar has the 3 way toggle switch between the 2 pots, but the pickups are connected by a capacitor and (im guessing) a ground wire. I need to remove the side of the cap. soldered to the vol. pot. and solder it to the case of the tone pot.(i think). emg inc does not have a schematic for my setup and I cant quite figure out how to wire it up.

Any info needed ask and I can try my best to get it to you.

Comment

The instructions came with the pickups. The cap is just for the tone control. Some people use the cap instead of a wire to go from the volume pot to the tone pot.

Are these active EMG's or passive EMG-HZ pickups? If they are the active pickups, they came with the pots wires already, and you have to use those pots, or pots of that value (25K).

Did you look on the EMG site? They sure do have a schematic, here it is:
          Attached Files
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            The instructions came with the pickups. The cap is just for the tone control. Some people use the cap instead of a wire to go from the volume pot to the tone pot.

Are these active EMG's or passive EMG-HZ pickups? If they are the active pickups, they came with the pots wires already, and you have to use those pots, or pots of that value (25K).

I bought the ZW set, so I have all of the things I need, for the most part, I just have to adapt them to my guitar.

I have looked that one over a couple of times.
            You answered one of my questions about the cap.

My last 2 questions... the leg on the cap that is connected to the volume pot, can I move that to the body of the pot? because my 3way switch is between the pots.... This leads me to my last question The wire connecting the pots, can I use a longer wire since they have to be farther appart than that wire will allow?

Comment

Thanks guys, I have been a little burnt out lately, so my posts are a little vague.

Comment

Wait! I think I get what you are saying, In order for me to move the pots apart, I need to put wire in place of the cap(between the pots) and leave the cap connected to the tone pot but solder the end I disconnect from the volume pot to the body of the tone pot.

The rest of the wiring is straight forward, but am I right on how to make the pots farther apart?

Comment

Originally posted by 91sport_tn View Post
                  Wait! I think I get what you are saying, In order for me to move the pots apart, I need to put wire in place of the cap(between the pots) and leave the cap connected to the tone pot but solder the end I disconnect from the volume pot to the body of the tone pot.

The rest of the wiring is straight forward, but am I right on how to make the pots farther apart?
                  Right, unsolder the cap. Then unsolder the ground connection from the outside lug on the pot.

Solder one end of the cap to the center lug of the tone control. Solder the other end of the cap to the back of the pot, and make sure you have a ground wire connected to that.

Then solder a wire from the volume control to the outside lug of the pot that used to be the ground.

This is the schematic for a jazz bass, but it's the same idea. Follow this for the tone control:

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Elec...ms/i-0032.html
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Right, unsolder the cap. Then unsolder the ground connection from the outside lug on the pot.

Solder one end of the cap to the center lug of the tone control. Solder the other end of the cap to the back of the pot, and make sure you have a ground wire connected to that.

Then solder a wire from the volume control to the outside lug of the pot that used to be the ground.

This is the schematic for a jazz bass, but it's the same idea. Follow this for the tone control:

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Elec...ms/i-0032.html
                    Ok, Thanks. I;m going to give it a shot. If worse comes to worse I'll have a shop do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X