Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Vibroclone" tremolo and reverb questions

Hey guys,

I built a "Vibroclone" a few months ago and it has a couple of minor "issues".

First, the tremolo sounds great but takes a minute or so to start working.

Second, I can't turn off the reverb with the footswitch.

The footswitch is new and works as designed.

The amp is a new build, not a refurbish/rewire of an old amp.

thanks,

Dave

Does anyone have any ideas about the above problem?

thanks,

Dave

Comment

Dave,
      Are we talking a Vibrolux reverb or a Vibroverb. What layout did you use? Can you post some pics of the chassis guts?

If it is a blackface AB763 Vibroverb, then the reverb foot pedal works by shorting the reverb signal returning from the pan before it gets to pin 2 (the grid) of V4 (reverb recovery triode) to ground. Check your pedal's reverb plug to make sure it is switching between open or shorted from the tip to the outer sleeve as you click the switch. If that is ok, check the grounding of the reverb pedal jack body to the chassis ground. If that is not grounded well, the signal won't be shorted to ground. Also check the wire that goes from the reverb pan output jack over to the reverb pedal jack and make sure that is well connected or the signal won't even get to the pedal jack to be grounded.

On the tremolo I'm going to need a little more info and maybe a pic or two.
      Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Working...
      X