Mod to basic AC15 circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod to basic AC15 circuit

I'm looking to take the normal channel of an AC15 (EF86, 1x12, schem. ver. V-1-5) and pair it with a tube reverb unit, perhaps from a fender, in place of the tremolo channel. From looking at other schematics with reverb it seems fairly straightforward to interface the two: take the dry out from the first preamp stage and mix it with the reverb return through a parallel R and C, like in the fender Pro-Reverb, for instance.

I'm not sure how to calculate the power requirements of the Reverb circuit and in turn, not sure what alterations I need to make to the power supply for this to work. Presumably by removing the tremolo channel from the AC15, I would have enough power available to drive the reverb, but that is just an assumption.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Incidentally I'm looking to add a tone control to the reverb, inspired by R.G. Keen, and a master volume pot. Should be a pretty cool little amp if it all works.

Thanks for your time

as a side note I was just thinking that it'd be cool to have a vibrato modulate the reverb return instead of the overall output. Has anyone ever done this that you know of?

Comment

(Iain) My Dad did a custom-build AC30 with switchable vibrato/tremolo and reverb. And a buffered FX loop, because the guy used a WEM tape-echo a lot but wanted it in a loop rather than into the front.

IIRC, the normal channel ran to the normal input of the phase inverter, the reverb went to the other side and the vibrato/trem was used as a bias-wiggler on the reverb side.

Is that similar to what you mean?
      So B+ is the one that hurts when you touch it, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe_N_Iain View Post
        (Iain) My Dad did a custom-build AC30 with switchable vibrato/tremolo and reverb. And a buffered FX loop, because the guy used a WEM tape-echo a lot but wanted it in a loop rather than into the front.

IIRC, the normal channel ran to the normal input of the phase inverter, the reverb went to the other side and the vibrato/trem was used as a bias-wiggler on the reverb side.

Is that similar to what you mean?
        yah that sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try that someday!

Any thoughts on the main part of my post?

Comment

Working...
        X