speaker line output transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker line output transformer

hi all, i've an aussie made philips proline 10 PA amp, made in the 60's/70's, and its pretty much been converted for guitar use, apart from the output transformer. i was waiting for some 6gw8 valves to run it and i actually just received 10(mix of aussie made mullard, miniwatt, awa, and radiotron) from ebay. i also won some speaker line transformers on ebay last night(thank god for ebay!) and once i get them worked out should have a nice little amp. i actually tried it with the new valves last night and was pleasantly surprised by the warm tone and sustain and a sweet break up until about halfway on the volume, then the break up becomes quite flubby and unusable(using a celestion vintage 30).... will the speaker line output transformers remedy this? do i connect the OT's to the speaker output directly, apparently the amps out is 8ohms and the new OT's are 4ohms, do i connect a pair in parallel?(i have 4 of them).anything more complex i'll take it to a local tech, i'm just hoping its a simple install. here's the OT's... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=120396224663 .any help appreciated, thanks for looking!
Working...
X