Tweed/BF/Thing from a bad movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweed/BF/Thing from a bad movie...

You know, that thing that happens when you have stuff laying around, and well, it’s stuff that doesn’t match. Ok, let’s see what happened.
    Well, I built one channel from a 5E5A Pro/5F4 Super/5E7 Bandmaster (they are all almost identical). Realized that there were Bass and Treble controls sure, but, um, no Presence. Oh that’s right ‘cause I forgot that I had already built the cathode-biased power section as a 5E3 Deluxe. Well, maybe that’ll be kinda cool. Now just got to get it running and Ooops… broke one of the 6V6’s. Oh well, I’ll just use 6L6’s instead ‘cause that’s all I got layin around…and… well… I just realized that the only power/output tranny combo I’ve got is from a BF Vibrolux. This is a decidedly un-kosher project but it might be fun, right? Hmm, what’s this? Half of the 12AY7 unused in the preamp? Shoot, that aint no problem. Just wired up a 5E3 channel with a switch to go back and forth between it and the 5E5 channel. Need a cab that’ll fit the chassis. What do I have layin’ around here? Shoot, all I have is a BF-style cab. Geez, what else is gonna be screwed up? Well… shock of shocks, the only speaker I got is a single 12-incher (a Weber-reconed, Celestion, 55hz 30 watter, no less). Sheeeeet, I have to make an adapter ring to fit the 12” (you know, ‘cause the cab was built for a Vibroclone w/15” of course). Hmm, I just finished the b@st@ard of all amp builds.

some pics would help make sense of it all. im curous and confused

Comment

Had a Tweed Deluxe pwr section I built a few weeks ago (but hadn't gotten around to getting an output tranny for it). Thought that somehow I probably could just finish an amp w/parts laying around. What resulted, after I realized what actually was laying around was:
      -Tweed Deluxe channel (1/2 12AY7, tone, volume)
      -Tweed Pro channel (1/2 12AY7, bass, treble, volume)
      -Tweed Deluxe phase inverter and cathoded-biased pwr section (but I broke one of the 6V6's I had so I used 6L6's 'cause that's what I had laying around).
      -Cab & chassis were from an old BF 1-15 Vibroverb clone I built a few years ago.
      -Only speaker I had laying around was a 30 watt Celestion (oh well!)

Comment

Working...
      X