No announcement yet.

Ashdown mag 300 combo amp, quit on me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashdown mag 300 combo amp, quit on me.

Jamming with the boys amp just quit. Heres what I tried, used the output on the faceplate to run out to the sound board that worked (head seems to be working?). Used my fender bassman 60 to power the speakers in the cabinet (quarter inch jack) no sound except some highs through the tweeter. Pulled the speakers out all the connections look good. What can I do or check guys? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by fasttimes View Post
    Used my fender bassman 60 to power the speakers in the cabinet (quarter inch jack) no sound except some highs through the tweeter. Pulled the speakers out all the connections look good. What can I do or check guys? Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like the speakers have open voice coils. Either check them with an ohmmeter or with a 9 volt battery.

If you have a meter, set it to read low ohms. Place each lead on each of the two terminals on the speaker. You should see a reading somewhere between 3-15 ohms. If there is no indication on the meter then the voice coil has opened up and the speaker will need to be replaced or re-coned.

If you don't have a meter, a quick test is to take a 9 volt battery and touch the terminals to the speakers two terminals. If the voice coil is ok you will hear a pop or thump from the speaker. If there is no sound produced, then the voice coil is open.

Comment

Cool, I'll check. thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X