No announcement yet.

Firebird mag dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the small sheet on top of the pickup is there to dampen the output of the b-string similar to the staggered design on Fender pickups or the mortise on some blade-pickups.

Hermann

Comment

Originally posted by Berman View Post
      I think the small sheet on top of the pickup is there to dampen the output of the b-string similar to the staggered design on Fender pickups or the mortise on some blade-pickups.

Hermann
      That's what I was thinking as well. Probably the unwound G too.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

It's kind of hard to see in the picture but that little piece of metal is on the end that the braided lead comes out of, so it would be under the B string. That it's there to have some sort of damping effect on the volume of that string seems to be a reasonable idea. I have never seen or heard of something like that with the Firebird pickups but it does appear to be there from the factory.
        www.tonefordays.com

Comment

I have never seen that piece of steel ontop of a stock firebird pickup before. That would kill the output under that string- or at least knock it down quite a bit. Magnet size just fills the bobbins.

Comment

Working...
          X