Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot Rod Deville: clean channel switching problem

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my Hot Rod Deville for some time.

When I'm playing on the clean channel, the amp will make a pop noise and switch to the overdrive channel for a fraction of a second. This only occurs on the clean channel.

It does this randomly and seems to increase as the amp heats up.

The local guitar shop told me I may need to replace the entire PCB, which i'm hoping to avoid.

Any suggestions or guesses would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Greg

Replace the board? Geez would you replace the engine in your car if it needed a new spark plug?

There are two 5 watt cement resistors next to each other bottom center of the board. Wigggle those and see if the amp reacts. if it does, then they are losing contact at their solder joint. They provide the +/-15VDC power supplies for - among other things - the channel switching circuits.

Also, turn the reverb down, ball up your fist, and whack the top of hte amp hard. Does it react? It should not. If it does, there is a loose connection.

Also possible the footswitch jack has issues. Does the amop do this when you ARE using the footswitch?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X