Taking apart Behringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking apart Behringer

I've never had to take apart a sound board before and I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea on how to go ahead and do it. I own the Behringer Sl3242fx and the warranty is up on it. Anyone who knows what need to be done please reply to this forum and thanks to anyone in advance.

I don't recall anything mysterious on any Behringer mixers. Pull the plastic end covers off, then any screws through the metal on the ends and around the bottom edges.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Problem #1: "I've never taken apart a sound board before". (Clearly a rookie)

Problem #2: Mixer is mostly SMD technology, difficult to service due to limited access.

Dude, this sounds like an accident waiting to happen!
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
        Problem #1: "I've never taken apart a sound board before". (Clearly a rookie)

Problem #2: Mixer is mostly SMD technology, difficult to service due to limited access.

Dude, this sounds like an accident waiting to happen!
        Yes, but I will be doing it with someone who has been working with sound and electronics in general for years; but even he said I need to figure out how to exactly take apart the board before we can work on it. And yeah something could go wrong but I just wanted to know how hard it would be to actually get inside the board... (Do you need to take off the knobs, unscrew all of the screws, etc.)

Comment

You are taking the bottom panel off, not the control surface. Really, this is not rocket surgery. A bunch of screws and the bottom comes off.

if you have to get at the upper side of the circuit boards, then yes, the knobs have to come off and the mounting screws taken out to get the board away from the chassis panel.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Like Enzo said, taking off the bottom cover isn't brain surgery. Beyond that, whoever is helping you better be familiar with motherboard-style mixer service. It's a far cry from strip-style mixer repair. They are not for the inexperienced or faint-hearted. Most often, we power-up the circuit boards externally with a triple power supply for troubleshooting.

What exactly IS wrong with your mixer?
            John R. Frondelli
            dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I kind of agree. I've repaired and modified quite a few strip-style mixers, but I eventually sold them and got a modern compact type.

This was just great until I broke some of the jack sockets on it, and realised what a pain in the *** it would be to get the thing apart and replace them. I just worked round the broken inputs, and eventually sold it on Ebay with a description of the fault, and took the hit.

With an old-fashioned desk, replacing the busted sockets would have been a 20 minute job.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

What really sucks to me is that some of the input circuitry is actually UNDER the jacks on some models. You have to pull the jack to get at the circuit. You can look down the barrel of a jack and see transistors.

Comment

Working...
                X