No announcement yet.

Mojo 5E3 sound problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vision isn't what it used to be either, so besides measuring components before putting them in, I check all the soldered connections using the Lo-Ohms function on my DMM. I typically mesure between a component lead on the board and an exposed metal part of a tube socket pin or jack or whatever, so I'm measuring across both solder connections. Usually turns up a surprise or two, even on home-made cables. Unplug & discharge the caps first though.

Comment

Well I finally got some time to play with the static problem and, using the chopstick method, I found the problem. One solder joint that again wasn't as tight as it should be. The static is all gone, so is the hum and the amp sounds magnificent.
      I am going to test it tonight between my 94 Pro Junior and my 94 Bassman RI, and I will bet I find it nicer.
      My build isn't quite as tidy as Blueboxer's, but I am pretty happy with it.

Thanks for everyone's assistance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Resonator Guy View Post

Well I finally got some time to play with the static problem and, using the chopstick method, I found the problem. One solder joint that again wasn't as tight as it should be. The static is all gone, so is the hum and the amp sounds magnificent.
        I am going to test it tonight between my 94 Pro Junior and my 94 Bassman RI, and I will bet I find it nicer.
        My build isn't quite as tidy as Blueboxer's, but I am pretty happy with it.

Thanks for everyone's assistance!!!
        That's great RG! And it should sit nicely between those two particular amps.

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy.
          Mandopicker

Comment

Working...
          X