Strat & tele questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat & tele questions..

Is there a "standard" when it comes to magnet and winding direction?

I made strat with magnetism N(bridge)-S(middle)-N(neck), where bridge and neck are cw, middle is ccw

Tele with magnet S(in bridge) cw and N(neck) ccw.

And if I plan to make Tele with three pickups, is the middle then the same as any stratpickup? What's preferred?

My humbucker matches Gibson and Seymour, so I can experiment with mine and their.. But I'm not sure how things are in the singlecoil world.

Does it matter?
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Direction doesn't really matter as leads can always be swapped, but modern strat pickups are south up. A rwrp mid would be north. Tele is bridge south up. Of course, if people are replacing sets, you can go any way you want.
      www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

When people want to try my pickup they want to try it with their other pickups. And when they already change pickups they try it with Fralin, Duncan, Fender... I just hope that the business have decided to settle on this. I just would like to match other pickupmakers if anyone wanted to mix them. No problem to don't give a damn. I just wondered if there was one way that is more used.

Comment

Industry standard seems to be bridge and neck South up, middle pu (assuming RWRP) North up. As for wind direction, as chevalij said, it doesn't matter since leads are easily reversed on a Strat pu.

Tele bridge is South up but I don't know what the standard is for the neck so I just make my Tele sets with RWRP neck (North up) unless otherwise requested, so my customer can have hum-cancelling in the middle position at least.

Comment

Working...
          X