SVT 4 Pro issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT 4 Pro issues

I have an SVT 4 Pro that I run mono-bridged through an ampeg 610 cab. I bought the head new about a year and a half ago and I have had it rack-mounted the whole time. I use it once or twice a week for band practice and once every couple of weeks for a show. Everything worked great until the other night when it kept cutting out on me. A few songs into the set it stopped putting out sound, it would stay off for about 30 seconds then come back on for about another thirty seconds. It kept repeating this cycle. My rack tuner was still reading the notes so I know it was still picking my bass up.

It seems to me that the likely cause is that it is over-heating, but until the other night I have never had that problem. Any ideas about why this sudden change would occur? Any helpful info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Could be any one of a number of things. Have you tried running the amp out of the flight case to eliminate or prove overheating? Seen a couple of these with the same symptoms over the last 12 months. One was a bad solder joint and the other was an output transistor.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I haven't gotten a chance to do that, but I will definitely give it a try.

Comment

I tested it out yesterday, while still in the rack, and I could not replicate the issue. The only onther thing I could think of is that I left it in my van for 2 days before I played it and wonder if the temperature extremes could of caused some moisture or something to make it do that. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X