Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibson Pickup Connectors

Hi,
    has anyone had any dealings with the new Les Pauls (the one with the pots mounted on a pcb). Having trouble finding the connector plugs that connect the pickups to the pcb. Des anyone know where I can find them pref in the UK.

Cheers
    Dave.

I don't know the connectors you mean, but for oddball connectors in general, try Farnell, RS, or as a last resort Digikey. Digikey are based in the US, but if you go on their UK website, they will take orders in sterling and ship to the UK.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
      I don't know the connectors you mean, but for oddball connectors in general, try Farnell, RS, or as a last resort Digikey. Digikey are based in the US, but if you go on their UK website, they will take orders in sterling and ship to the UK.
      Cheers for that Steve, I had trawled through RS but had no luck. I always forget about Farnell, but I managed to find them there.

The new Les Paul have all the pots mounted on a PCB and the pickups just plug right onto the board. The prob is that the cavity is covered by a smoked see through cover, and I didn't want to turn it out looking like a bag of crap. You can actually buy the pickups direct from Gibson with the plugs attached but the customer supplied his own.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by izzybell2810 View Post
        The prob is that the cavity is covered by a smoked see through cover...
        It's a nice looking system. Taylor also uses a circuit board, though the pots aren't mounted to it, but the switch and tone and treble bleed caps are on the board.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

hi there, do u have a link to the page with the connectors, I can't find 'em anywhere, and really need them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by vox View Post
            hi there, do u have a link to the page with the connectors, I can't find 'em anywhere, and really need them.

Cheers
            I would at least try here if you haven't already. You might get lost because they have soooooo much stuff.
            Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor

Comment

could someone point in the right direction please? I honestly have no clue what to look for on sites like that, soooooo many options

Comment

Connector parts number

If you look carefully on the side of the connector it should have Molex printed on one side and 43645 on the other. Both the 2 pin pickup and the 5 pin toggle switch connector are 43645 series Molex parts. Mouser.com sells worldwide and has these in stock. The parts numbers are 538-43645-0200 for the 2 pin pickup connector and 538-43645-0500 for the 5 pin toggle switch connector. I hope this helps.

Comment

Almost forgot

You also have to order the female pins for the connectors as well. They are the 43030 series. You have several options, wire guage 20-24 or 26-30 and tin or gold contacts. The gold plating comes in 2 thicknesses, 15 or 30u".

Comment

Working...
                  X