5E3 grill detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 grill detail

Hi, going at a 5E3 cab, would love to see a detail for the way the grill is worked out form the inside. What is the thickness of the stays top and bottom

There are two screws on each (top and bottom) facia where the baffle attaches

See Scotty's penultimate 5E3 cab plans
    Attached Files
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

I see

Ok thanks and the grill itself gets wrapped and stapled to the baffle.... then there goes some light filler strips on top of the grill or between the grill and the baffle??
      You mentioned that you did but joints on you cab and cleats.... can you post a pic please.
      thanks Ange

Comment

Originally posted by angelodp View Post
        You mentioned that you did but joints on you cab and cleats.... can you post a pic please.
        thanks Ange
        Here's what I do for simple cab construction (without box joints)

1) glue and screw 1" sq cleats to the 3/4" board and then put the boards together and drill holes for the 1/8" reinforcing dowel. I use polyurethane glue for all the wood joints (Be careful when you tap the dowels in (I had to do a running repair on this one). You need to make sure the dowel holes don't conflict with the cleat screws. (I used recycled oak draw ends for the sides of this 6G15 cab - they were free and the holes get filled and the whole thing gets covered up anyhow)

2) trim the dowel-ends off and sand the cab with an orbital sander to have flat sides and square edges, then rout the cab with a 1/2" roundover bit. Touch up with a light sanding, and then line up the chassis and carry handle mounting holes.

3) cover the whole thing with the covering of your choice - I use weldbond glue for gluing the fabric (I'm in a gingham and hessian phase)
        Attached Files
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
        X