Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a single triode tremolo circuit for a cathode biased princeton reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a single triode tremolo circuit for a cathode biased princeton reverb

The title says it all... :-)

I'm preparing a new build.
    Based on the princeton reverb, but cathode biased.

Cathode bias and the existing tremolo in the princeton reverb won't work together, so i'm looking for a single triode tremolo circuit for this build.

Maybe you can point me in a direction, because i'm all out of ideas myself...

Thx!

GA17RVT trem? You may want to add an intensity pot
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

another option

Here's another option to throw in the mix.

With respect, Tubenit

http://www.schematicheaven.com/voxam...dge_reverb.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Tubenit View Post
        Here's another option to throw in the mix.

With respect, Tubenit

http://www.schematicheaven.com/voxam...dge_reverb.pdf

I have been reading up on this cambridge circuit and the vox pacemaker is very similar. But the tremolo circuit is a little different.
        Depth is connected to a capacitor first in the cambridge, but to a resistor first in the pacemaker.
        The osilator cap arrangement is connected to ground in different ways...

Which of both would you prefer?

(I found the pacemaker schematic @ schematicheaven)

thx!

Comment

Successful mod - cathode biased with vibrato

Hey folks thanks for the tips. I was modifying a 70's PR to be cathode biased and successfully incorporated a modified version of the pacemaker vibrato. I got the best results by using a 1 meg pot for the intensity, and removed the 680K resistor. I only use a .1 cap before the plate and it seemed to work the best.

Thanks!
          Max

Comment

Working...
          X