Clear All

• Another Pickup shootout!

Someone call the sheriff, its another shootout

Music page of Pickup Shootout 2009 - MP3 music page on SoundClick

This is who did the comparison clips.

YouTube - Shootout part 1

YouTube - Shootout part 2

Comment

They all sound alike through the distortion.

A less-informed person would listen to the shootout
      and decide that the pickup type doesn't matter.

Whatever the intent of the shootout, its methodology was flawed.

-drh
      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Well, see "I told you so." This is what most shootouts end up being. Guys, go check out my idea thread for the Pickup Maker's Showcase idea, everyone who makes pickups here on the forum can showcase 3 of their products and do your own video or soundclips in whatever way you see fit, then each of us can promote the Showcase to customers so they can see what all of us do and get a "taste" of some of the best pickups available....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I don't know if it's the guitar that is out of tune, the intonation that is set wrong or the player but on some clips it's awfully painful in my ears.
          Last edited by EtLa; 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

To be fair i dont think it should be called a shootout because pickups vary in spec's so much, its not as if they went for a handful of all out repro PAF style pickups and decided which they thought was the best, they got together a group of pickups from different makers and recorded them, I myself can hear great changes from pickup to pickup and found it quite interesting how they reacted to different amps.

Comment

Working...
            X