X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Deluxe part numbers

2 questions on the Blues Deluxe

1........Will someone tell me the Fender p/n's for the Master pot and the

Presence pot, or do I have to take them out and look at the numbers on them?

2........What year was this amp made.. T14640

I read some of the other threads and will replace R85 and R86.

Thank you
    Doc

Master R21 1Meg10A p/n 041507
    Presence R42 25k30C p/n 047031

As with all Fender part numbers there will be extra zeroes on each end, I can never remember how many.

I have absolutely no idea when your amp was made, look at the date codes on your pots, transformers, filter caps, cement power resistors, speakers, and anything else sporting a date code.

Are you having trouble with R85,86? The main problem we have with them is they unsolder themselves. They are 470 ohms, DO NOT change them to 330 as some mistakenly advise.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      I have absolutely no idea when your amp was made, look at the date codes on your pots, transformers, filter caps, cement power resistors, speakers, and anything else sporting a date code.
      If you look at the silver Quality Control sticker, there is a date code. It's like the old blackface datecode, but it starts with A=1990. The month is the same system, A=Jan, B=Feb, etc. The year is the first letter and the month is the second letter.

So if you see a date code of GA, that would be 1997 Jan

Comment

Thanks.

No trouble with R85 or R86 but the board in that area has gotten very hot and discolored.

The reverb is not very strong but that is probably a pan issue which I haven't checked yet.

I'll take your advice on leaving the 470's there.

Thanks again
        Doc Stitches

Comment

Yeah, I can't keep all those date letter systems in my head, so I don't bother. There is only so much room in there for memory storage.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X