Line 6 Spider II 210 Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider II 210 Amp

Does anyone have a schematic for this amp? And furthermore, what fuse do I need for it? On the back it lists

110 - 120v = T4.0A / 250v Time-Delay (Is this known as slow blow?)
    220 - 240v = T2.0A / 250v Time-Delay

Isn't 240v for European plugs? I assume I need the T4.0A, but all it did was blow.

Hello souldeth,
    Yes, the 220-240 rating above is for countries who have that line voltage. Your Spider needs the T (timed) 4amp fuse. It is of the GMA variety (smaller) & 'T' stands for 'timed' or slow blow.
    Chances are that the fuse blew because of shorted power IC's, but you're going to have to try the fuse to be certain. If the fuse blows again, take the chassis out & do a good visual on the IC's mounted on the rear heat sink. If they have any black spewed on the board or look like their sides have been blown off, then you need go no further. They are bad.

A schematic won't help very much as most of this amp is totally digital processing & really unrepairable past the obvious pots & such. The power amp IC's are replaceable, with some special soldering skills being necessary.

Get back with the Forum when you get that far...glen

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what happened. I do have the soldering skills necessary, but I'm curious if I should just go ahead and replace both (it looks like there's two, one on the right and one on the left) or the one.

Comment

I see that the Spider 210 is a stereo amp, but if you cannot determine if both are bad, might as well catch the other one while you're at it.

If it were a mono amp with 2 poower IC'S, then you would definitely have to replace both IC's as one will blow the other up. glen

Comment

Working...
        X