How to build a guitar preamp???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build a guitar preamp???

I want to build my own guitar preamp within i can plug my guitar to my PC and record with it.....can you give me some schematics or details...so i can build one.....

First I would start by checking you PC's sound card's input capabilities. Some line inputs have software controlled gains that will allow you to use an adapter to plug straight in.
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Next, change the output 1M on this circuit to a 1M pot, and enjoy.
      Attached Files
      Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
      Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

Originally posted by guitician View Post
        First I would start by checking you PC's sound card's input capabilities. Some line inputs have software controlled gains that will allow you to use an adapter to plug straight in.

What do you mean by that....how can a check my sound card....i have Realtek Audio sound driver......

Comment

That would work, but may introduce some noise.(I.E. Hum, hiss etc.) That power supply is missing voltages. I guess anything from 200-400 volts would work.

Comment

Originally posted by GibsonLover View Post
            Is this the final thing....should i start building right now...?????i mean that is it going to be compatible for my needs....Recording,using it for Amplitube 2...you know my intentions....if its final i'll kiss your feet.....LOL...joking....

Comment

Originally posted by GibsonLover View Post
              I don't know what B+ voltage in that Alembic circuit is, but if those tubes are pushed to giving any amount of overdrive then the output signal is likely swinging to at least 70 Vpeak. Even with a volume pot there, dialled to a low level, I think that's enough to overdrive most computer soundcard inputs - perhaps even destroy them.

And if the tubes aren't overdriven using a tube -based design is kind of moot to begin with.

Comment

If your sound is built onto the PC's mainboard, you have the minimum capabilities. Something like a FET transistor and a 9v battery, with a pot for output level control would work.
                http://www.hawestv.com/amp_projects/...fetpreamp1.htm

Comment

Working...
                X