Wanted - High Power, High Voltage, Audio Frequency Transformer Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
    Well, as they'll explain to you, no real physical process is 100% efficient. There is always a percentage of $100 bills that have pinhole defects, or serrated edges which can cause corona emission, unfortunate overlap angles of the security threads, and so on. In fact, I suspect a really good contractor would require you to give them a substantial materials-test sample ahead of time so they could investigate and figure out what the fallout rate will be.

In any large technical organization, there are individuals whose job titles vary, but whose real work is "technical explainer". These are the guys who can smooth-talk skilled and experienced professionals in the field into grinning agreement. They are worth their weight in platinum in the bid process.
    And while the professionals are doing all of the above; the serious poor old Backyard homebrew DIY hobbyist gets the same job done by scrounging parts from the local dumpster and hard rubbish collections in his street.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
      And while the professionals are doing all of the above; the serious poor old Backyard homebrew DIY hobbyist gets the same job done by scrounging parts from the local dumpster and hard rubbish collections in his street.
      ...which is exactly how 90+% of the amateurs ("hams") have been doing things since the mid 1900's.
      ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

It is free

Go here:
        http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc...c=GetTRDoc.pdf

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ole Professor View Post
          Thanks Jeff - but I have had to purchase the manual which is very interesting.
          Your link is about one sixth of the entire document.

Comment

More on: High Power, High Voltage, Audio Frequency Transformer Manual

If you go to the DoD site and search you'll find the entire document:

Advanced Search

Our taxes paid for the research many years ago which for the most part makes the work public domain once any spy vs spy stuff expired.

Enjoy

Jeff

Comment

hi guys
              i know one company they deals with Hight voltage Transformers
              check this out

Comment

I love these friendly spambots reading everything over my shoulder.
                So they now suggest transformers, huh?
                I wonder *how* they become members.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                  Thanks Jeff - but I have had to purchase the manual which is very interesting.
                  Your link is about one sixth of the entire document.
                  That link is the "Third Quarterly Report." If that quarterly report is available for download then there are probably other reports from the study contract available. Don't give up the search. The document you want may be the "Final Report."

Comment

Working...
                  X